Support our children's services
So much of the vital work that we do in caring for sick children and their families would simply not be possible without your generous donations. Thanks to thousands of kind supporters, we can go above and beyond in our care – whether it’s applying the latest life-saving research and using state-of-the-art equipment, or simply providing the extra comforts that make a hospital trip less scary.
For very sick children, every moment counts, and any action that you take to support us will make a big difference. Our friends at Barts Charity, the hospital’s dedicated charity, will support you every step of the way. Read on to find out about how you can get involved:
How you can help
- You can make a one-off or regular donation.
- Fundraise! From coffee mornings to quiz nights – Barts Charity will support you every step of the way.
- Challenge yourself: Run, cycle, trek, or skydive – why not take on a physical challenge to raise money? Places are available in a range of events, or you can choose one of your own.
- Support our children’s appeals: At Christmas, with your help, we make sure that every child spending the holidays in hospital has a gift to put a smile on their face.
Where your donations will go
Your generous donations can support our services in a variety of ways. You can choose to support our children’s services as a whole, or you may wish to support a particular area. Barts Charity can provide any extra information by email here.
Here are some examples of the incredible difference donations have helped make possible:
- Life-saving equipment such as the Optiflow machine, which helps critically-ill children to breathe.
- Ground-breaking research like Professor Grigg’s studies into the impact of air pollution on children which have influenced national policy.
- Provide comforting little touches, such as an oncology doll to help children with cancer understand their illness.
- Make improvements to the ward environment, from introducing vibrant artwork to completely rebuilding them, like the Rainbow Centre.
Thank you for your support
Support Barts Charity