Frequently asked questions
What can I bring with me to hospital?
- Some spare clothes and pyjamas
- Soap and a toothbrush
- Something to remind you of home, your friends and family e.g your favourite toy, blanket and photos
- Toys to help if you get bored
Who can stay with me in hospital?
- Your parents or carers can stay with you in hospital. There is a bed next to yours where one person can stay.
- Visiting times are a bit different on every ward. Please ask a member of staff when you arrive.
- Your parents/carers can visit you anytime
- Your friends, brothers and sisters can visit you too when they are not at school
- Only three visitors are allowed by your bed at one time
Is there WiFi
- If you or your parent/carer wants to go online there’s free WiFi at The Royal London Hospital. You can ask a member of staff to help you get online.
How can I make friends with other children in the hospital?
There are many ways you can make friends with other children while you are in hospital:
- You can visit the play rooms on the wards or join in with the Play Team’s group activity sessions and Project Play in The Healing Space
- Hospital school is a great place to meet other children while you learn.